The European Anti-Poverty Network's (EPAN) briefing note focuses on answering the following questions:
- Why is it important to focus on gendered aspects of poverty?
- How big are gender inequalities across Europe?
- What are the causes of higher risks of poverty among women?
- What is gender discrimination?
- How does gender discrimination work as a mechanism for the generation of higher poverty among women?
- What has the EU been doing to address poverty from a gender perspective?
EPAN utilizes empirical evidence to provide answers as well as develop a position on the topic of gender and poverty. The note concludes with EPAN's strategy on how to address gender and poverty.