Сonference Participation of Minority Consultative Mechanisms in Decision Making and presentation of lternative report
On 26-27 September 2013, the Latvian Centre for Human Rights (LCHR) organised a conference Participation of Minority Consultative Mechanisms in Decision Making and presented its Alternative report on the Implementation of the Council of Europe Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities in Latvia.
The aim of the event was to analyse the successes, problems and challenges of society integration and minority consultative mechanisms (councils, commissions) established at the state and municipal level in Latvia. Representatives from Estonia and Sweden (Municipality of Sodertalje)l also shared their respective experiences.
The conference was organised within the framework of the project "Strengthening Integration Dialogue Platforms" (Project No CB62), supported through the Central Baltic INTERREG IV A Programme 2007-2013.
- PRESENTATION: Introduction to the project „Strengthening Integration Dialogue Platforms” - Tanel Mätlik, Estonian Advice Centre
- PRESENTATION: Consultative bodies and other dialogue mechanisms – examples of effective participation of ethnic minorities - Anhelita Kamenska, LCHR
- PRESENTATION:Consultative bodies for the promotion of minority participation in Latvia (analysis of interviews) – Sigita Zankovska-Odiņa, LCHR
- PRESENTATION: Facilitating Minority Participation at Local Level: the Case of Södertälje
- PRESENTATION: Securing Minority Participation in the drafting of the new Estonian Society integration guidelines, Eva-Maria Asari, Estonian Advice Centre