Latvian Centre for Human Rights developed empowerment primer - a training material for high school students "Being European Citizen: Rights and Responsibilities".
The training material has been prepared within the framework of the project "Lisbon Treaty: Empowerment of European Citizens", co-funded by the European Union programme "Europe for Citizens" and implemented in partnership with the Lithuanian Human Rights Monitoring Institute.
The training material is designed for high school students who are taking deeper interest in studying the political and social sciences, as well as for a wider audience. The material covers four topics:
1. European integration and Lisbon Treaty
2. Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union
3. Freedom of movement – migration
4. Discrimination prohibition
The present material also provides guidelines for trainers and practical exercised relevant for each topic. The training material is available in Latvian, Russian, Lithuanian and English languages. Approximate duration of the training: 4-7 academic hours. The training material has been distributed to 57 high schools in various regions of Latvia.
- Training course and guidlines for trainers (English)
- Mokymo kursas vidurines mokyklos mokiniams (lietuvių)