In the framework of projest, LCHR provides legal assistance to asylum seekers in Latvia.
Active project in 2018: "Border monitoring and legal assistance to asylum seekers" supported by the UNHCR
- Conference: The Implementation of the Return Directive: challenges and good practices from the perspective of the Central and Eastern European countries
- Study visit on return issues to Austria
- LCHR organized a study visit to Belgium on return issues
- Translation of the Internal Procedures Regulations for the Accommodation Premises for Asylum Seekers in Latvia
- Seminar „Detention of asylum seekers and alternatives to detention in Latvia”
- Border Monitoring: Safeguarding the rights to seek asylum in Latvia
- International conference “Detention of asylums seekers and alternatives to detention: experiences from Central, Eastern and Northern Europe”
- Project „Steps to Freedom”
- Information leaflet for asylum-seekers "Everyone has the right to seek asylum"
- The return of third-country nationals: Standards and their implementation in Latvia
- Steps to Freedom. Monitoring detention and promoting alternatives to detention of asylum seekers in the Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Slovakia.
- Detention of asylum seekers and alternatives to detention in Latvia